Monday, June 17, 2013

Mommy Moments, Pregnancy must haves

The Life Of Faith

This is my list of pregnancy must haves so far.

1.  Stretch mark lotion-  I've been using palmers.  It seems to be working pretty well so far.
 
2.  Boppy pillow-  From early on I was pretty uncomfortable sleeping.  My hips would hurt really bad until I started using this pillow.  I got it at babies r us.  It wasn't that expensive either.  I've even seen Eric steal it a few times after I get up in the morning.
3.  Old navy jeans and shorts-  I have pairs from other places but the old navy ones are my favorite.  My shorts from there aren't even maternity.  At the beginning of the summer they had linen shorts with elastic waist band.  I got two pairs and they are definitely my favorite shorts.
 
4.  Scrunch side shirts-  It isn't so much a problem now but when I first started showing and just looked fat I felt like this style of shirts actually made me look pregnant.  I still like them now too because these shirts look like they actually fit not just huge.
 
5. Prenatal vitamins- I had to switch to gummy vitamins because the giant horse pills I started out taking would make me feel sick.  I still have to be careful and make sure I eat with them.
 
6.  Books-  I've read quite a few books.  My least favorite was The girl friends guide to pregnancy.  If you plan on having a natural child birth this is not the right book.  It basically says you are an idiot if you don't get an epidural.  Also the book says pregnant women shouldn't wear sleeveless.  Since I'm pregnant through the middle of summer I'm obviously not listening to that.  My favorite book has been Your pregnancy and birth.  This book was really good and went over a lot of information.
 
7. The business of being born- It's a great documentary to watch if you are even considering a natural child birth.  Some of it is a little extreme and pretty granola but I still really enjoyed it.
 
 
Bonus- It's also really great to have an awesome husband.  He doesn't really get how I'm feeling but he's doing his best to be supportive and I know he's there if I need him.
 





No comments:

Post a Comment